Village of Round Lake Park History  

In 1926 Louis B. Harris, a Chicago businessman purchased land along the shores of Round Lake. Doing business as the Resort Lake-Shore Developers, he took advantage of the lovely lakes region and rural setting to attract summer residents. L.B. Harris began to build summer homes in Round Lake Park in the late 1930’s. Over 1700 acres in total were subdivided in the Round Lake Area.


Former Round Lake Park Trustee & Mayor Joseph Alsperger’s home, constructed in 1939 was the third permanent house constructed in the community.  The summer homes were small, served by septic systems, and many were without running water.

However, by the mid-40’s, many of the people in Round Lake Park were living in their “summer” homes year-round.  Municipal sewer and water service became necessary and the village was incorporated on October 18, 1947. 


The first major projects of the community were providing sewer and water to all of the residents.  Stuart McKecknie, the first Mayor of Round Lake Park, served from 1947-1949.

Mayor Linda Lucassen